CERTIFIED TECHNICAL TRADER ©
Given the volatile nature of capital markets in contemporary times, it is imperative to be equipped with every possible tool available to trade or invest successfully.
Technical Analysis is an effective methodology which, if understood well, can allow one to be in a ‘comfort zone’ in every kind of market environment. The subject, as we are aware, deals with the pricing and chart parameters of a given asset class, be it equity, commodities or precious metals. But there is a lot more to it than just pricing and that is where the need for a course on Technical Analysis arises.
Module I of this course has been prepared after a very meticulous review of market behavior and volatility. Both of these factors play a very significant role in sensing the direction of an asset class. It will be an insightful experience to test various methods and tools to detect the pulse of the markets and determine the trend in which the prices are moving. It covers various dimensions - from the detection of good, high quality trades to money management skills needed for capital protection and risk assessment.
After having completed Module I, a student should be well equipped to analyze the direction in which the market is moving and trade both in the equity and derivative segments.
The Module II builds on the knowledge accrued through Module I. This module will mainly deal in Indicators and how to use them for trading. The following Indicators will be covered in details:
- Relative Strength Index (RSI)
- ADX and the direction system
- MACD and its derivatives
At the end of Module II, the student will acquire an extra edge by understanding the world of Indicators in details and how to use them to get an upper hand in trading and making smart money.
- Open platform to interact with the faculty
- Relevant online and offline study material
- Discussions closest to the real world
- Dedicated six hours of practical sessions providing exposure to hands-on trading
- Online trade discussion & support from faculty
- Module II
- What is Technical Analysis
- Dow Theory
- Charts (Types of charts)
- Volume and Support & Resistance
- Trend Lines
- Price Patterns: Rectangles, Head & Shoulders, Double Tops & Bottoms, Triangles, Candlesticks
- Moving Averages as Trend Determining tools
- Basics of Indicators
- Methodological way of Chart Analysis
- Entries & Exits
- Concept of Stop Loss
- Module II
- How to analyze a chart step by step
- Ability to identify Primary trend and Intermediate trend
- Fibonacci numbers
- Moving averages and their advanced use
- Designing of trading systems, back testing and optimization
- Duration : Saturday & Sunday, three hours per class, for 10 weekends